Thursday, September 3, 2009

Internet Hate Machine

I apologize to those with sensitive ears (or should I say eyes since this is the internet?), but shit like this really pisses me off.

No I don't mean people taking photos in museums, but people who write complete and utter shit like this. And this isn't even a defense of photographers, but a blatant attack on assholes like this guy (and this guy) who think that appreciating art is an accomplishment and/or skill. Please tell me I'm not alone on this one.

Three Best (well, worst) Examples of the Article:
1) "They were there not to see and be inspired by artists of genius, but to take snaps to prove they were there." (blow me)
2) "Being a fair-minded person, always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, I benevolently considered the possibility that they were taking the pictures so they could study and appreciate the paintings at length, in detail and in the comfort of their own homes, rather than hastily, surrounded by crowds. Being a realist as well, I immediately rejected this absurd thesis." (fap fap fap. is that someone vigorously stoking their ego?)
3) "Should musicians, writers, artists, actors etc be exempted from the principles of collaboration because they are merely exercising their creative talents, which are free of ideology and politics?" (by this point in the article I lost all respect for the man)

Sorry to use the blog to spew my hatred this evening, but happy tidings shall be posted soon.

No comments: