Monday, April 14, 2008

To Spread the Word About Lomography in Los Angeles...

Hi! My name is Margarete or as aforementioned by Jeff a.k.a the queen of knowing of everything cool that is currently going down in L.A. I can't say I know EVERYTHING going on in L.A. but I do like to keep tabs on events in the Los Angeles area. From now on, I'll be updating the blog about events in L.A. us lomo lovers can unite at and have a good time. Through this blog, we can start forming groups to go to these events. Hopefully, afterwards, we can put up pictures from our lomo cameras, of course, and share them with others! :)

**My Introduction: I'm really honored that Jeff and Tony included me in this blog. I love to organize events and get out in Los Angeles and have amazing adventures! I'm also 21 but I attend U.C.L.A. I guess we're proving against all odds that Trojans and a Bruin can co-exist peacefully, and in this case, with a little help from our common love for lomography. I'm majoring in English and minoring in Art History. I'm interested in a career in 'education' but still discovering career options. Currently, I work at one of the best jobs EVER. I'm an educator at the Fowler museum located on U.C.L.A.'s campus. If you're ever interested in a tour, let me know. :)
***My History with Lomography: I guess Tony and I have to thank Jeff for introducing us to the wonderful world of lomography. He helped Tony and I purchase our firs
t lomo camera, the Holga. I have yet to develop my 7-8 rolls of film but it will happen soon! I also feel a little empty when I have no more rolls of film because I can't carry it around to take pictures at my own leisure. The thing I love most about lomography is it opens up my perspective on my environment. I'm pretty non-observant: meaning a bit spacey and have a tendency to get trapped into my own little world. But with my Holga, I'm able to open up my eyes and look at things in a different perspective. Also, I'm planning this amazing trip to Europe this summer (studying in Spain for a month and then traveling to Italy and London) and think my camera will help me see various countries in an entirely different, unique way. :) One last thing, I'm obsessed with Polaroid pictures!





No comments: