Sunday, June 15, 2008

SUMMER EVENT!

Hi Everyone!
So, I've been totally behind on the events. :( I'm leaving for my trip in 3 days!!! But I wanted to share one last event posting before I leave. (And no worries, I'll be sure to make up for my absence and severe lack of postings when I get back with lots of lovely L.A. events! :) ):

From the Hammer website:
"Rock returns to the Hammer courtyard this July for a series of free concerts hand-picked by local independent radio powerhouse Indie 103.1 Each night features back-to-back sets by some of the best breathtaking bands. Galleries open until 9pm.

(Also) JazzPOP also returns to the Hammer over three consecutive Thursdays this summer, with three different takes on the jazz sextet/septet that draw inspiration from prog rock, Motown, free jazz, psychedelic pop, and folksy Americana. Organized by San Francisco bassist and independent curator Lisa Mezzacappa. Galleries open until 9pm.

All Hammer public programs are free. Reservations not accepted, RSVP's not required."
Here's the link:
http://www.hammer.ucla.edu/programs/45/

I went to 3 out of the 4 free concerts last year and I totally recommend it! I would also recommend getting there a little earlier than the scheduled time because sometimes they reach full capacity and will cut the line off. This year's line-up includes Nico Vega, The Deadly Syndrome, The Duke Spirit, and Tokyo Police Club.

-Maggie :)

No comments: