Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Soundwalk 2009

I know it's been ages since I've posted anything. I must admit I've been forgetful and just now realized I should of been posting reminders about the monthly art walks! I'll try to be better about this, pinky promise.

On a much more personal note, since living at home without much to do other than tweak my resume and check craigslist obsessively, I've been able to enjoy going to every local art walk (that I've been meaning to go to but couldn't because I was working and going to my classes). Here's another art walk coming up this weekend called Soundwalk in Long Beach that I think is definitely worth checking out. I really wanted to go last year because I am not really familiar with "sound" art. But sadly, I was at school without transportation. This year it's a much different scenario: I'm living at home AND I have a means of transportation. Yay! Since no one wants to respond my phone calls, emails, and my freakin' resume, I've been try to see the positive sides of this recession and my unemployment status. :) But enough about me, if YOU too want to feel productive and do something artsy, come to the Soundwalk!

Here are the deets:
WHAT: Sound Art Event "SoundWalk 2009", a one-night event of sound installations by over 50 local and international sound artists.

WHERE: Throughout the area encompassed by Broadway, Atlantic Avenue, Ocean Boulevard, and Elm Street with a sound corridor on 1st Street that will connect the East Village and Pine Avenue. The art is exhibited in a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces.

WHEN: Saturday, October 3, 2009 from 5–10pm


ADMISSION: Free

PARKING: Metered parking is available on the street; additional parking is also available in the parking lot at the NE corner of Broadway and Elm Ave.

If you want to read more about the walk and about the awesome Long Beach artist group, FLOOD, who produced this event, click here.

<3, Maggie

No comments: