Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Misinformation

Geoffery's unplanned decision to explain himself has left me looking the fool, so I am now forced to tell you about the things that make me:



My name is Tony. I'm 21. My official residence is about five minutes from Jeff's while my temporary housing coincides spatially and temporally with his. I too am a student at the University of Southern California, and if you'll please excuse my paraphrase of Immortal, it don't mean shit to me to slit a bruin's throat. I currently am working toward a Masters in Marine and Environmental Biology, B.A. Biological Sciences, and minor in Cinema-Television. I don't really know what I'm going to do after I graduate; I may pursue a PhD, I may get into documentary film making, or I may pursue a career in music. That reminds me: I also play multiple instruments, study theory, and write music in my own time. So if anyone is interested in playing together let me know and perhaps we can rock out with our cocks out, though my farm's a bit out of the way.

As for my lomographic history, last October (or thereabouts), after a talk with Jeff regarding my interests in photography (or at least my lack thereof in digital photography) he recommended me to the Holga. Needless to say, I liked it. I liked it a lot. Perhaps I was even quite obsessed. I pointed, I clicked, and everything was right with the world. Within a few weeks I ordered a lot of 5 Russian cameras (one of which was tragically though temporarily decommissioned two weeks ago) and it has been a beautiful downward spiral ever since. My cameras have become like an extra limb, and though they may not be as useful as my third arm they are far more important to me.

Well, that about sums me up for now.
It's just like we've known each other our whole lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see a bright future ahead, love the blog, love the idea of having lomographers living close by, we should plan to do something together for sure, find places to show our work, build a lomowall. Nice meeting you!