Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Challenge To You



So I was on LSI's website today doing some reconnaissance, and came across this. Look familiar? It should. It's our humble abode, tucked away along the golden shores of the Pacific. But what's wrong with the picture?

A lack of smog?
Inaccurate geographic detail?
No depiction of traffic whatsoever?

No, I think it's that little green dot hovering over Anaheim. That single dot gracing our landscape. That's right. In all of Southern California there is only one LomoLocation to be found. And of all places, Disneyland (as if we needed to be stereotyped anymore than we already are).

Now I'm not pointing fingers (isn't there that phrase that says something along the lines that if you point a finger at someone, you point three at yourself?), but I think something needs to be done about this right away. Let's call it a collective New Years Resolution. I challenge us all to turn things around and put Southern California on the LomoLocation Map (literally).

I propose we make it our year-long goal to contribute as many locations to the Map as we can. And as a bonus incentive, let's say a prize will go to the person who single-handedly contributes the most locations by the end of the year. Not entirely sure what the prize will be, but since this is such an epic endeavor I'll have to make sure that the prize is equally, if not more, epic than all the locations submitted.

I think something like this will potentially catch LSI's eye and prove that we here in LA are pretty serious when it comes to not taking photography seriously.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is something I'd noticed too and it made me sad. I'm in the process of scanning all my negatives and will take you up on your challenge!

lomocore said...

and so it begins...


what's your lomohome luz?

Unknown said...

I haven't much on my lomohome, but my username is gimmedanegatives. I added you as a friend on flickr 'cause I have many more pictures up there and uploading slowly every week.